Wednesday, September 8, 2010

disaster painting - fixed?

Here is the painting again. I used pastel pencils over the original painting. There are some spots that wouldn't take the pastel, because in those spots the color pencil was waxy instead of soluble, so the pastel skips over it (the pink color is that way), but over all, I think it looks better. I was doing this one to include in my Sketchbook I am working on for the sketchbook project, but in the rules it says not to use mediums that smudge, so that kind of eliminates pastels. I don't know if I'll try spraying it to the point of no smudge (which would darken the painting) or if I   will  print the scan and include it that way. We'll see.



1 comment:

  1. Justine I just saw your black lab for the sketchbook. Is it possible to renew his left eye? It got lost when you reworked it. Otherwise, I think it turned out all right. I wonder if cheap hairspray would hold the color and not allow smearing?

    Also, I see that you have a pix of a black and white cat. It looks like our cat and the black lab looks like our dog! What a coincidence. Keep up the good work.

    You have taken on an ambitious project. Keep going, you can do it. Hugs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete