Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Tree Ornaments

I made ornaments to include with Christmas gifts this year. 

The dragonfly ornaments were created with a stamp I carved from stamping rubber, then stamped card stock and embellished with paints, pens and metallic ink for the borders. I carved the stars/snowflakes from a pencil tip eraser.  I added eyelets, jump rings and swirl hooks. The backs I hand wrote Christmas greetings.  They measure 2.5 inches square.




After drawing a sketch of a partridge, I carved the image into stamping rubber and stamped bristol board with permanent stamping ink, and painted them with watercolor. Cut the paintings into pear shapes and added the ribbon. I glued patterned scrapping paper to the back and added a Christmas greeting. They measure 7 in high.





No comments:

Post a Comment