Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ever try Ukrainian Egg Decorating?

Today I participated in a workshop on Ukrainian Easter egg decorating. I've never tried this before, but a friend of mine heard about it and we decided to give it a whirl. 
The workshop took place at  The Little Fork Episcopal Church in Rixeyville, VA. www.littleforkchurch.net
It is a lovely colonial historical church. We had a wonderful time, I learned something new, met some nice people and had a great time. 
Here is my attempt - I got 2 eggs done, unfortunately one has a crack, but I guess now it matches me :)
Since we had to purchase a kit for the class, I may try to do a few more.

2 comments:

  1. You gotta do this again! Did you blow the yolk out of the egg first so you can keep them forever? Also, if you wold these on your etsy site I would totally buy them. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Krista - it was Kim's idea to take the class - I really enjoyed it. I was all set to have funny looking eggs since I've never done this before, but I was pleasantly surprised that they came out pretty nice :) We had to purchase a kit to have the materials for the class, so I have the stuff to do some more. I'm thinkin' Christmas egg ornaments. It might be fun to do a couple of Halloween eggs hmmm...

    ReplyDelete